2.17.2015

Two Ingredient Apple Cinnamon Peanut Butter Pancakes


I'm not sure who decided to make national holidays for every food in the world, but I owe whoever did a huge thank you because they're my favorite holidays. Sadly, I have been unable to celebrate most of these food holidays because Purchase, New York has no decent restaurants and cooking in my dorm room is tricky. But when I found out that today was National Pancake Day, I NEEDED to find a way to cut into a stack of pancakes. I've been wanting to try two ingredient pancakes for a while now, so I took a chance by microwaving them rather than cooking them on a griddle and they came out pretty great! I layered each pancake with cinnamon applesauce and then drizzled the entire stack with some melted peanut butter. It sounds like a strange combination but the sweet and spicy applesauce paired so well with the mild banana flavor in the pancakes, and the peanut butter added the perfect amount of richness. Happy National Pancake Day! 

Ingredients:
1 & 1/2 bananas
3 egg whites
1/4 tsp of baking powder
1/3 cup of cinnamon applesauce
nut butter, cookie butter, for drizzling

Recipe:
-Mash up bananas
-Add in egg whites and baking powder and mix really well
-Spoon a thin layer of batter onto a lipped plate or into a bowl
-Microwave for two minutes, or until pancake is firm (it looks pretty hideous)
-Keep spooning and microwaving until you have a nice stack of them
-Fill each layer with a thin layer of applesauce
-Drizzle on your nut or cookie butter (at first I didn't drizzle enough)
-Then I drizzled too much
-Slice into that stack and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment